(Coffee drinkers might want to sit this one out.)
Green tea might be one of the best drinks you can consume, besides water. Not only is it chock-full of antioxidants, it has several other health benefits that make this beverage worth your while.
Here are 10 cool health benefits of green tea, according to this article.
- There are bioactive compounds in green tea that can improve your health.
- These compounds can improve your brain!
- Green tea can help you burn fat.
- The antioxidants found in green tea might lower your chances of getting certain kinds of cancer.
- Green tea mightalsobe able to protect your brain from degenerative diseases in old age.
- Green tea can even kill bacteria, which protects your teeth!
- It might lower your risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
- It might reduce your risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Green tea can help lower your risk of obesity.
- Green tea might even help you live longer!
While some of these health benefits don’t have a lot of evidence behind them, it is clear that green tea can offer some pretty good benefits to your overall health.